You are here
ACTRIMS Forum 2016
Americas Committee for Treatment & Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ACTRIMS) is pleased to launch the inaugural ACTRIMS Forum 2016 to further fulfill its mission of providing leadership in the field of multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases. With the theme Progressive MS: Bench to Bedside and Back, this meeting hopes to meet the following objectives:
- To critically examine current research on the pathogenic mechanisms that contribute to CNS injury and disability accumulation in progressive MS.
- To discuss biomarkers that reflect and/or predict CNS damage, clinical course or responsiveness to treatment.
- To synthesize emerging data from recently completed and ongoing clinical trials in progressive MS.
- To identify future directions for the investigation and development of neuroprotective and neuroregenerative therapies in MS.
- To provide mentorship to trainees and junior faculty interested in a career in MS research and/or clinical practice.
- To ensure that research findings are disseminated to various stakeholder groups including MS care providers, researchers, new media outlets, social media, and patient advocacy groups