More news from ECTRIMS 2016: Watch presentations and interviews with leading MS experts
Please watch the interesting debate on the question “Do we still have unmet needs in MS therapy” between Gavin Giovannoni and Heinz Wiendl, comparing the ‘old’ immune-modulating therapies with the ‘new’ immunosuppressing treatments.
A new way to distinguish between MS types based on metabolic profiles is proposed by Daniel Anthony from the University of Oxford who is one of the winners of this year’s GMSI award. He talks about biomarker analysis in blood using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) as a tool to help remove uncertainty with MS staging.
In an interview taken at ECTRIMS, Prof Fredrikson from the Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, speaks about the importance of differential diagnosis in MS patients, stating that even in well-established MS clinics there is a 5-10% rate of misdiagnosis.
Carlos R. Camara-Lemarroy, Beatriz E. Ibarra-Yruegas, Rene Rodriguez-Gutierrez, Idanis Berrios-Morales, Carolina Ionete, Peter Riskind
Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, Volume 12, February 2017, Pages 9-14
Sensitivity of visual evoked potentials and spectral domain optical coherence tomography in early relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis
Raed Behbehani, Samar Ahmed, Jasem Al-Hashel, Rossen T. Rousseff, Raed Alroughani
Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, Volume 12, February 2017, Pages 15-19
Spinal cord lesions in children and adolescents with multiple sclerosis – Magnetic resonance imaging
Joanna Dębska, Katarzyna Kotulska-Józwiak, Piotr Pawliszak, Małgorzata Bilska, Dariusz Chmielewski, Iwona Puzio, Elżbieta JurkiewiczNeurologia i Neurochirurgia Polska, Volume 51, Issue 1, January–February 2017, Pages 77–81
Using health promotion guidelines for persons with disabilities to develop and evaluate a physical activity program for individuals with multiple sclerosis: A feasibility study
Alicia Dixon-Ibarra, Mara Nery-Hurwit, Simon Driver, Megan MacDonaldEvaluation and Program Planning, Volume 61, April 2017, Pages 150–159
David LaplaudRevue Neurologique, Volume 173, Issues 1–2, January–February 2017, Pages 38–40
About the Editors
- Timothy Vartanian, Professor at the Brain and Mind Research Institute and the Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell...
- Claire S. Riley, MD is an assistant attending neurologist and assistant professor of neurology in the Neurological Institute, Columbia University,...
- Rebecca Farber, MD is an attending neurologist and assistant professor of neurology at the Neurological Institute, Columbia University, in New...
- Mar 201723Mar 201726Athens, GreeceThe World Congress on Controversies in Neurology (CONy) addresses the problem that conferences frequently provide a vast amount of clinical...Athens, Greece
- Mar 201727Mar 201729Madrid, SpainThe 11th World Congress on Neurology and Therapeutics will feature keynote lectures, plenary lectures, workshops and interactive sessions. It will...Madrid, Spain
- Apr 201722Apr 201728
Advancing Neurology. Advancing You.Boston, USABoston, United StatesThe American Academy of Neurology (AAN) was established in 1948 to promote the best possible care for patients with neurological...