More news from ECTRIMS 2016: Watch presentations and interviews with leading MS experts
Please watch the interesting debate on the question “Do we still have unmet needs in MS therapy” between Gavin Giovannoni and Heinz Wiendl, comparing the ‘old’ immune-modulating therapies with the ‘new’ immunosuppressing treatments.
A new way to distinguish between MS types based on metabolic profiles is proposed by Daniel Anthony from the University of Oxford who is one of the winners of this year’s GMSI award. He talks about biomarker analysis in blood using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) as a tool to help remove uncertainty with MS staging.
In an interview taken at ECTRIMS, Prof Fredrikson from the Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, speaks about the importance of differential diagnosis in MS patients, stating that even in well-established MS clinics there is a 5-10% rate of misdiagnosis.
Ana M. Novo, Sonia Batista, Joana Tenente, Carla Nunes, Carmo Macário, Lívia Sousa, Freire GonçalvesJournal of Clinical Neuroscience, Volume 33, November 2016, Pages 100–104
Abbey Valvano, Rebecca M. Floyd, Lauren Penwell-Waines, Lara Stepleman, Kimberly Lewis, Amy HouseJournal of Contextual Behavioral Science, Available online 22 July 2016
Joel Raffel, Benjamin Wakerley, Richard NicholasMedicine, Volume 44, Issue 9, September 2016, Pages 537–541
Sarah Y. Lockwood, Suzanne Summers, Eric Eggenberger, Dana M. SpenceEBioMedicine, Volume 11, September 2016, Pages 249–252
Feng Yang, Edson Estrada, Maria SanchezJournal of the Neurological Sciences, Volume 369, 15 October 2016, Pages 96–101
About the Editors
- Timothy Vartanian, Professor at the Brain and Mind Research Institute and the Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell...
- Claire S. Riley, MD is an assistant attending neurologist and assistant professor of neurology in the Neurological Institute, Columbia University,...
- Rebecca Farber, MD is an attending neurologist and assistant professor of neurology at the Neurological Institute, Columbia University, in New...
- Feb 201723Feb 201725Address details: Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate 1500 Masters Boulevard ChampionsGate, FL 33896 (407) 390-6664The Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis is pleased to welcome you to the second annual stand-alone...Orlando, United States
- Mar 201718Mar 201722Little Rock, Arkansas, United StatesMeetings of the American Society for Neurochemistry (ASN) include plenary lectures, symposia, colloquia and workshops over the course of four...Little Rock, United States
- Mar 201723Mar 201726Athens, GreeceThe World Congress on Controversies in Neurology (CONy) addresses the problem that conferences frequently provide a vast amount of clinical...Athens, Greece