More news from ECTRIMS 2016: Watch presentations and interviews with leading MS experts
Please watch the interesting debate on the question “Do we still have unmet needs in MS therapy” between Gavin Giovannoni and Heinz Wiendl, comparing the ‘old’ immune-modulating therapies with the ‘new’ immunosuppressing treatments.
A new way to distinguish between MS types based on metabolic profiles is proposed by Daniel Anthony from the University of Oxford who is one of the winners of this year’s GMSI award. He talks about biomarker analysis in blood using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) as a tool to help remove uncertainty with MS staging.
In an interview taken at ECTRIMS, Prof Fredrikson from the Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, speaks about the importance of differential diagnosis in MS patients, stating that even in well-established MS clinics there is a 5-10% rate of misdiagnosis.
Optical coherence tomography: A quantitative tool to measure neurodegeneration and facilitate testing of novel treatments for tissue protection in multiple sclerosis
Eliza Gordon-Lipkin, Peter A. CalabresiJournal of Neuroimmunology, Volume 304, 15 March 2017, Pages 93–96
Sanam Dolati, Zohreh Babaloo, Farhad Jadidi-Niaragh, Hormoz Ayromlou, Sanam Sadreddini, Mehdi YousefiBiomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Volume 86, February 2017, Pages 343-353
Multiple sclerosis patients' understanding and preferences for risks and benefits of disease-modifying drugs: A systematic review
Gurpreet K Reen, Eli Silber, Dawn W LangdonJournal of the Neurological Sciences, Volume 375, 15 April 2017, Pages 107–122
Lymphocyte subsets as biomarkers of therapeutic response in Fingolimod treated Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis patients
D Paolicelli, A Manni, M D'Onghia, V Direnzo, P Iaffaldano, S Zoccolella, V Di Lecce, C Tortorella, G Specchia, M TrojanoJournal of Neuroimmunology, Volume 303, 15 February 2017, Pages 75–80
Developing easy to perform routine MRI measurements as potential surrogates for cognitive impairment in MS
Sarah A. Morrow, Suresh Menon, Heather Rosehart, Manas SharmaClinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, Volume 153, February 2017, Pages 73–78
About the Editors
- Timothy Vartanian, Professor at the Brain and Mind Research Institute and the Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell...
- Claire S. Riley, MD is an assistant attending neurologist and assistant professor of neurology in the Neurological Institute, Columbia University,...
- Rebecca Farber, MD is an attending neurologist and assistant professor of neurology at the Neurological Institute, Columbia University, in New...
- Apr 201722Apr 201728
Advancing Neurology. Advancing You.Boston, USABoston, United StatesThe American Academy of Neurology (AAN) was established in 1948 to promote the best possible care for patients with neurological...
- May 201712Edinburgh, United KingdomThis conference is sponsored by the independent charity Medical Research Scotland, established by Act of Parliament in 1953 (originally as...Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- May 201719May 201720Athens, GreeceThe European Multiple Sclerosis Platform (EMSP), based in Brussels, Belgium, is firmly committed to an ultimate vision of a world...Athens, Greece